Sr. Infrastructure Cost Analyst, Platform EngineeringApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Platform Engineering is building a Twilio for Twilio. Our mission is to provide every engineer at Twilio with the tools they need to successfully build reliable, scalable, secure products at speed. The Platform Engineering team is looking for a motivated individual with the unique skill set that embodies a combination of business, financial, and accounting capabilities.
Platform Engineering is looking for a he Sr. Cost Analyst that has experience with analyzing to optimize the cloud infrastructure usage of Twilio's entire R&D organization; driving Twilio to new heights of scale, transparency, and predictability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years relevant experience with 3+ years working in technology/SaaS industry and specifically with AWS and GCP.
- Experience building predictive cost and usage models related to cloud infrastructure consumption
- Basic experience working with MySQL and Python (or similar)
- Experience working with BI software tools such as Looker/Tableau recommended.
- Advanced-level skills in MS Excel (Pivot Tables, Nested Functions, etc.) and Keynote.
- Strong reporting and effective communication skills
As Sr. Cost Analyst for Platform Engineering, you will:
- Support the build of a predictive cost model in collaboration with Data Science Team and Finance
- Be able to classify future infrastructure needs as input into usage-based cost model
- Prepare and deliver timely analysis with data-driven recommendations that will support Platform leaders in the development of future infrastructure strategies
- Partner with subject matter experts across the organization to develop and implement show backs for the cost of consumption of Platform Engineering services
- Responsible for ensuring infrastructure contract performance is inline with expectations
Infrastructure represents a significant percent of costs for technology companies like Twilio. We want to empower small teams to manage all aspects of their businesses, but financial operations doesn’t come naturally to most software engineers, which is where you come in! You have an opportunity to deliver needle-moving efficiency, transparency, and predictability to our engineering organization as their cost analyst. You will partner with some of the best and brightest engineers and engineering leaders to continuously improve their usage of cloud infrastructure, raising their financial operational maturity as high as their product engineering maturity.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.