Sr. Software Engineer - Business IntelligenceApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer for Business Intelligence team with industry experience and a deep understanding of data usage and life cycles across a SaaS-based organization. We are looking for someone to build the data processing and integration layer that extracts raw data from our internal platform or 3rd party systems and stores/summarizes/presents it appropriately for analysis across multiple business teams for both tactical and strategic initiatives.
Twilio is looking for an experienced engineer with a demonstrated track record of building large scale distributed data processing frameworks. We seek someone with:
- 5+ years of diverse experience in building data processing frameworks and services
- Experience working with distributed analytics platforms - Hive, Presto, Snowflake, Redshift etc.
- Experience working with real-time data processing technologies like Kafka, Spark streaming etc.
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies like Cassandra, DynamoDB etc.
- Experience building scalable services and related frameworks like Akka etc.
- Experience with DAG based open source workflow management solutions airflow etc.
- Expert coding skills across a number of languages including Scala, Java, Python etc.
- Experience in processing various file formats such as Parquet, Avro, JSON etc
As Sr Software Engineer in Business Intelligence team, you will:
- Build and launch real-time data processing pipelines supporting various insights projects
- Build and launch real-time scalable 3rd party integration framework
- Implement automated data quality framework ensuring highest standard of data accuracy
- Design and scale our self service analytics platform supporting company wide initiatives
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end.
- Organize, and mine massive data sets of both structured and unstructured data by implementing appropriate infrastructure tools and systems to house data for reporting and analytics purposes.
The Business intelligence team provides actionable insights to business units and enables fact based decision making. We play an integral role in shaping our business decisions that enables company’s growth and success. We are focused on building a scalable analytics platform and related services that can handle rapidly growing data needs of Twilio. We are the backbone of Twilio’s data driven culture and with that comes an enormous responsibility to be accurate and deliver reliable solutions on time.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.