Sr. Software Engineer - ConsoleApply
Twilio is more than just an API - it’s a communications platform that empowers developers with the building blocks they need to innovate. Twilio’s UI is essential to achieving this vision. We build beautiful interfaces that are simple and intuitive.
About the job:
Do you love to make customers' experiences delightful?
As a full stack engineer at Twilio, you are empowered to create wonderful experiences for our customers, developers just like you. Some days, you might focus on the "first run" experience, helping onboard customers in new and thoughtful ways. Other days, you might be creating powerful and easy to use debugging and monitoring tools.
A full stack engineer at Twilio feels strong empathy for the developer. You are excited when you release something that makes developers' lives better.
You like working on a product all the way through the stack, switching focus from the backend server stack (controllers, templates, database tables, etc) to the front end views you’ll be writing powered by this backend. Your idea of shipping a product is having ownership across the entire stack.
You think about the largest customer currently using Twilio and the future largest customer who just signed up yesterday.
During the day, you will work on large new complex features that encompass multiple sprints. You will also push small impactful fixes multiple times a week for quick wins.
Full stack engineers are critical in making sure Twilio is loved by developers, is easy and fun to use, and stays on the cutting edge.
You can make a developer's life better.
- Develop and maintain the backbone of our web framework to support all product lines across Twilio.
- You own what you build, from your desktop to production.
- Work directly with product management to define, architect, and build new customer-facing features. At Twilio, product roadmaps are a team sport and driven by developers. Engineers don't sit in a corner.
- 3+ years building and supporting mission critical user-facing systems.
- Expert level understanding of object oriented design and data modeling.
- Experience with large, distributed systems and complex code bases.
- You've worked with the Twilio web console and can think of many ways to improve it
- You know the difference between an Abstract Base Class and an Interface, and when to use them.
- You have tuned a user interface based off of customer feedback and empirical data.
- You have tamed a React JSX build system
- You have programmed in functional Scala and have a strong understanding of the type system.
- You have taken an old code base and modernized it with no customer impact.
- You have spent 4 hours figuring out what 4 characters are causing a bug and kind of liked it.
- You have worked in both a monolithic and heavily service oriented architecture and understand the benefits of each.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST