Sr Software Engineer, Front EndApply
About the job:
Our goal is to enable everyone on the planet to build software that will power the future of communication. This team is responsible for building highly interactive interfaces that will empower our customers to build their next big idea on Twilio’s platform. As an experienced front end engineer, you will create this functionality in a way that represents the Twilio brand and product visually. You will work closely with engineering, design, and product leadership on a small team in an iterative environment. Come join us to build the next generation of Twilio products!
- Develop web-based applications that support fast, easy-to-use, high volume production use cases
- Write high-quality, reusable and scalable code
- Prototype client-side applications and iterate on the designs quickly
- Contribute to and receive code review from peers
- Work directly with stakeholders for requirements gathering and development goals
- Collaborate with our backend engineers and UI/UX designers to bring those requirements to completion
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in CS, CE or similar field, or related work experience
- 4+ years experience developing user-facing software with modern web technology stacks
- Strong CSS skills, experience working with CSS pre-compilers (SASS, LESS, webpack, Grunt) and CSS/JS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Passion for building exceptional user interfaces
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with REST APIs and websockets
- Experience engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST