Sr. Software Engineer - Front End (Node.js/React)Apply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer skilled at building rich, high fidelity front-end web experiences. You are the right fit for this role if you:
- Have experience with build patterns common to web technology stacks, you love shipping amazing products and you sweat the little things around user experience.
- Communicate well in person, on paper and in code. You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field (minimum requirement).
As a Senior Front End Engineer you will:
- Be part of a cross functional team that designs, builds and operates the Voice and Video Console - the first fully programmable cloud contact center platform. Twilio’s Voice and Video Console delivers an instant insight into customer activity using our APIs.
- Own and create front end experiences, from individual components to entire web applications and frameworks collaborating with Designers, Product Managers and Engineers. Our React based UI framework powers user experiences for agents, supervisors, administrators and end users of our customers on their websites for some of the largest contact centers in the world.
- Enjoy getting the MVP out the door, and you know that great user experience takes ongoing investment, refinement and polish.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the Voice and Video Console our clients are able to better understand all of their key metrics associated with their partnership with Twilio. Including usage, outage rate, overall spend and other data the is highly useful for making business decisions.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful headquarters at 375 Beale St in San Francisco, CA. You should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.