Sr. Software Engineer in Test - SDKsApply
We're looking for a fearless test automation engineer who is eager to push software to its limits. You will help us build SDKs for the next generation of Twilio's real-time communications products that allow mobile and web developers to quickly add voice, video, and chat capabilities to their applications. As the Software Engineer in Test you will build test automation coverage to ensure our SDKs are error free and can scale to be used by more than 700,000 developers across the globe.
About the job:
- Champion the quality effort in focusing on reliability and test automation.
- Evaluate current testing infrastructure to design and implement improvements.
- Develop and maintain automated test suites for the Twilio SDKs and backend infrastructure.
- Ensure 24/7 monitoring of our services in production.
- Analyze test results and collaborate with developers to verify changes.
- Challenge the team to high standards of technical excellence - strive for ever better automation.
- A Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 - 8+ years of professional software development experience in QA with at least 2 years of testing cloud-based applications.
- Programming background in languages such as Java and Python.
- Automation experience.
- Deep knowledge of agile software development processes and tools like Git, Jenkins and Jira.
- Solid understanding of continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture. We ship products on a daily basis, with tight schedules, small teams, and a very large user base.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You get things done. You are a DOer.
- You are passionate about real-time communications.
- You understand SIP or VOIP-related technologies and think the promise of WebRTC can change the way we communicate.
- You’ve created software following agile software development practices.
- You've built apps using Twilio SDKs.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST