About the job:
- Challenge the team to high standards of technical excellence - drive architecture, coding standards, maintain development best practices.
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with experience in shipping high-profile user-facing products and working with complex, cross-platform code bases.
- 8+ years of experience in a Software Engineering role
- You are comfortable working in a Node.js environment.
- You have played with WebRTC or WebSockets and can't get enough of it.
- REST APIs and WebSockets are second nature to you.
- Deep knowledge of agile software development processes and tools like Git, Jenkins and Jira.
- Solid understanding of testing, continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture. We ship products on a daily basis, with tight schedules, small teams, and a very large user base.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You get things done. You are a DOer.
- You are passionate about real-time communications.
- You understand SIP or VOIP-related technologies and think the promise of WebRTC can change the way we communicate.
- You’ve created software following agile software development practices.
- You've built apps using Twilio SDKs.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.