Sr. Software Engineer - Messaging ChannelsApply
About the job:
The Messaging Channels team is responsible for building the future of the Twilio Messaging API to embrace new forms of communication, starting with Chat applications (such as Messenger, iMessage, RCS) and digital assistants (such as Alexa).
This unique opportunity will offer engineers direct and highly visible impact towards one of the largest products at Twilio. The Channels team requires high velocity iterations and experiments with a keen eye towards operational stability of existing infrastructure, building microservice-based products in Scala / Java in a highly distributed cloud environment.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build the future of asynchronous messaging
- Bring creativity and fresh thought to the system design process on a daily basis.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services in a distributed production environment. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional, load and performance tests.
- Release, monitor, and maintain features in a responsible, reliable way as part of our integrated DevOps practices.
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
- 5+ years of software development.
- Experience in at least one web stack and framework, preferably in Scala or Java.
- Keen interest in APIs, both integrating and defining
- Comfortable operating in a startup environment - this team expects passion for ownership and self-direction
- Have been an active participant in agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- Ideally, you have experience in a highly-available, uptime-critical production environment.
If you are not experienced in communications, no worries, you will learn. We are seeking engineers who have solved complex problems at scale and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST