Sr. Software Engineer - Twilio TalkApply
About the job:
Join a ‘startup in Twilio’, where you will help architect and build a brand new service, get it into production, and iterate rapidly based on customer and operational feedback. The Customer Experience interfaces you help build will make our customers lives better and directly impact our bottom line.
As a full stack engineer, you feel comfortable creating new services that will be customer facing and integrate with existing Twilio services - you know how to ship. The initial features have limited scope for a quick start to a new service, but will evolve to have a large footprint and impact at Twilio.
- Write quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- You work directly with product team and end customers define, architect, and build new customer-facing features.
- You own what you build, from your desktop to production. You are comfortable engaging in the development process from initial architecture design through deployment to production.
- Full stack exposure, from UI to database.
- 4+ years experience building customer facing, critical systems as a software engineer
- Experience designing systems for scale, spanning multiple services.
- Proficiency in understanding data modeling, microservices.
- Twilio API experitse in multiple products (Voice, SMS, Chat)
- Experience deploying and supporting services in AWS
- PHP Laravel and Postgres experience a bonus
- NLP and search (Lucerne or similar) experience
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.