Sr. Software Engineer - User DataApply
Twilio's User Data team owns and operates the REST APIs responsible for messages & calls event data. Our mission is to solve our customer's data consumption and security use-cases beyond log files. We build APIs, we write in scala, and we deal with petabyte data sets and billions of API requests per month.
You will have the opportunity to not only build the services, but be challenged by architecting services for extreme availability and data security in a completely AWS-driven environment. Come join our team where you will be mentored by senior engineers and architects while you raise the bar for data security in the industry.
Successful candidates will be strong developers with deep experience in AWS services, ETL processing, data mining, complex SQL, and a passion for API design & REST.
- Focus on extreme availability and quality, providing a 99.999% defect free and low latency experience across Twilio's data products.
- Design, build and deploy globally distributed data pipelines that can be accessed securely in real time around the world.
- Automate everything, from testing to deploys to operations.
- Lead the cloud communications data revolution by leveraging business intelligence, customer feedback and metrics to create an unparalleled customer experience.
- Provide scalable, high-quality, resilient backend services in any region for all Twilio data at rest.
- Own and operate data services at massive scale.
- Work collaboratively with product management to define, architect, and build new internal and external facing APIs.
- A Bachelor's of Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years in industry as a developer working in mission critical systems, preferably in Scala, Java or Python
- Background in HTTP, networking, and security
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc
- Experience with key-value databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.