Sr. Technical Support Engineer - AuthyApply
At Twilio we pride ourselves on the customer experience that we deliver. As a member of the Customer Support Team, you will be given the opportunity to provide great and memorable experiences on a daily basis. You will “walk in the customer's’ shoes” as you help them to troubleshoot and resolve support tickets related to our Authy Product. You will demonstrate technical competency, empathy, and professionalism in your interactions with the customers via email, phone, and Twitter. You will ensure that our customers feel secure in our ability to resolve issues for them when they occur in a timely fashion. You will understand that not all customer experience levels or backgrounds are the same and be able to customize your approach to the customers’ needs. As the public voice of support, you will often play a big role in defining the customers’ experience with our products and our platform and you play a big role in customer growth and retention. As the qualified applicant, you are super positive, an inventive problem solver, love talking to customers, and embrace the changes a rapidly company like Twilio has to offer.
- Responsible for resolving tickets assigned to you on the Authy product in a timely and professional manner.
- Help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process.
- Help customers understand the finer points of Authy capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales, as needed to resolve customer issues.
- Create bug reports and feature requests based on customer feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical experience.
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing technical role.
- Demonstrated history of customer focus and empathy.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback.
- Demonstrated technical background and application:
- You are good at and enjoy debugging other people’s code.
- Solid understanding of computer networking.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving QoS (Quality of Service) issues, including escalations to third parties.
- Demonstrated ability to make teams better:
- Experience working with team members in different geographic locations and timezones.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach other members of the team in technical and process aspects of their jobs.
- Authy operates a 24/7 support model so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) may be required.
- Previous experience with creating a Authy application.
- iOS and Android programming experience.
- Experience in a mentoring, coaching, or teaching capacity.
- Experience as a technical writer.
- Experience as a technical trainer.
- Experience in a data security field.
- Ability to support customers in multiple languages.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.