Sr. Test Engineer - Transactions PlatformApply
We are looking for talented engineers to join Twilio's Transactions Platform team and help build the best telecommunications API on the planet. Twilio's customers send millions of communications every hour. These communications become a firehose of micro-transactions, processed at a fraction of a penny at a time. As a pay-as-you-go service, it's critical to both external and internal customers that we price, bill, and aggregate transactions in a timely and accurate manner. As a shared platform within Twilio, we also have a responsibility to ensure that our systems can quickly and easily scale to support new products and use-cases.
About the job:
We're seeking engineers with experience at scale in real-time data processing and distributed systems, and have a passion for raising the bar of software quality. We build our services in Scala and Python and use Spark and Kafka to process our high volume of data. Successful candidates will be strong software developers with experience in building test frameworks, evaluating system performance, integrating continuous delivery tools, and getting hands-on with the software development lifecycle.
- End-to-end ownership of the testing processes & frameworks for our micro-transaction system.
- Empower developers with the necessary tools to build and create their own tests.
- Work directly with team leadership to define and maintain the roadmap for quality projects.
- Take initiative about improving overall developer experience of the team's internal testing tools.
- Write quality, maintainable code in Scala & Python with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- Partner with the Technical Lead in making sound architectural changes.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years in industry as a test engineer on mission critical systems at scale.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Deductive reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- You have rolled out test-driven development to your team.
- You prevent incidents with testing.
- You know when to fail-close vs. fail-open.
- You treat your testing environment as production.
- You put Customer trust as your #1 priority.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.