Summer 2017 Intern - Super NetworkApply
About Our Internship Program
- We are looking for 1 University Student in computer science/software engineering to spend a summer with us.
- The program will take place in our Tallinn office. The duration of the program is 2 months, starting in June and ending in August.
- Our interns write code. As an intern, you will take part in development, rollout and maintenance in production of globally distributed, resilient and highly-available services for the Twilio platform.
- You will be guided through internship by a seasoned engineer, and will receive evaluation of your performance and a letter of recommendation at the end.
- You will work within a small software engineering team, gaining first-hand experience working in a modern development environment.
- The internship is paid. If you’re not from Tallinn, we will also help with accommodation.
Requirements for application
- You are a University or College student in the Baltic region.
- You have an ambition to become a world class software engineer.
- You love programming and can prove it.
- Having professional experience with software development is a plus.
- We’re also very interested in hobby projects.
- You have some understanding of *nix systems.
- You have a basic command of Python, Scala or Java.
- You are a fast learner and have a story or two to support that.
- You can speak English and feel comfortable in an international and multicultural environment.
What do you need to apply
- Familiarize yourself with Twilio platform at Twilio.com. Create a demo app using Twilio platform. Be creative! There’s a 30 USD free usage limit with Twilio, which should be enough to try things out and develop your app.
- Prepare a CV capturing your academic achievements and professional experience (if any).
- Submit your application through Greenhouse containing
- Your name, surname, and the name of your school.
- One paragraph describing your interest in the internship program.
- Your CV.
- A link to your demo app. Link to the description of your app. Your Twilio account id.
A decent CV with a convincing demo app will get you an interview. An interview on-site will decide the outcome of your application.
- April 17th - application submission deadline.
- April 24th - expect an answer to your application.
- April 24th - May, 15th - interviews.
- May 19th - expect final answer to your application.
(tentatively) June, 15th - internship starts.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.