Super Network Head of Customer ExperienceApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Super Network Head of Customer Experience is responsible for defining, measuring, and driving a world-class customer experience for Twilio across every customer touchpoint. This executive will build a team that will identify and drive the optimization of each key customer-facing process within the company and delivers the systems, tools, measurement, and oversight required to turn every developer and customer that engages with Twilio into a Twilio evangelist. This executive will be required to work effectively cross-functionally to lead other key stakeholders including Super Network Product and Engineering teams, go-to-market Customer Experience, support, and Twilio’s back office teams.
This individual will have a demonstrated track record of success in elevating customer experience, strong vision, and a mindset that views customer experience as Twilio’s most important “product.” This individual also will have a proven ability to create world-class systems and processes to measure and improve customer experience. Also, given Twilio’s business model that depends on winning the hearts and minds of developers, this individual will also have a strong understanding of the unique needs and expectations of developers as well as understanding the needs of the top enterprises in the world.
The Super Network Head of Customer Experience will be part of the Super Network leadership team and report to the VP and GM of Twilio's Super Network.
- Own the Super Network key customer-facing processes within the Super Network including but not limited to customer interactions related to Phone Numbers such as number porting, short code sign ups and other complex customer touch points
- Measure the success of each customer-facing process both in absolute terms and versus competitors and determine and drive goals for improvement
- Develop appropriate communications guidelines for Super Network customer interaction as it relates to auto-generated electronic communications as well as bespoke interactions
- Act as single point of escalation and resolution for customer risk reports while driving betterments to eliminate recurrence of issues
- Create a vision for how each customer-facing process will evolve, and align the product and engineering teams around that vision
- Create internal systems and processes that improve and optimize the customer experience
- Create a single view of the customer accessible by other key Twilio systems and teams
- Be the champion for customer experience across the Super Network and provide executive visibility around key customer experience metrics
- Own and run Super Network customer advisory boards and user groups
- Work closely with Twilio’s product organization to drive critical improvements in the product experience
- Hire a world-class team that can drive the optimization of key customer-facing processes
- Measure and assess Twilio’s overall self-service customer experience and improve this over time
- Work closely with other key cross-functional stakeholders including sales, product, developer network, customer support and success to drive required changes to improve the customer experience
- Rally the Super Network and its culture to be true to its leadership principle of “wearing the customers’ shoes”
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business or Computer Science
- 10+ years of proven leadership in Customer Experience
- 15+ years of supervisory, management, or leadership experience
- 10+ years of demonstrated leadership in product or systems
- High IQ and EQ, proven strong leadership and decision making
- Strong communication skills, ability to articulate and sell a vision
- Strong execution skills and ability to drive action and accountability
- Proven track record of hiring and managing world-class talent
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset, a focus on possibilities and not obstacles
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity and change
- Proven track record of defining and optimizing processes
- Ability to communicate directly to product and technical teams
- Ability to travel as necessary to support business
You would be a visible leader and would work closely with teams at every layer of the company. Your success would deliver great customer experiences at major brands around the world (Twilio’s customers), and you would enable them to deliver better services to their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.