Technical Program Manager, Platform EngineeringApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Platform Engineering is building a Twilio for Twilio. Our mission is to provide every engineer at Twilio with the tools they need to successfully build reliable, scalable, secure products at speed.
Platform Engineering is looking for a Technical Program Manager to analyze, report, and predict the infrastructure demands of Twilio's entire R&D organization; helping teams manage their products beyond the scaling and performance challenges they face running globally distributed systems; driving Twilio to new heights of scale, transparency, and predictability.
- BA/BS degree in mathematics, engineering, business, economics, or similar
- 3+ years experience with management consulting or technical program management
- 2+ years experience working with AWS, Google, Azure or other public cloud providers
- Proficiency building and implementing operational processes
- Tactical and creative in approach to solving problems
- Exemplary verbal and written communication
- Highly accountable with a demonstrated ability to think strategically
The Platform Engineering team is looking for a motivated individual with the unique skill set that embodies a combination of business, financial, and technical capabilities.
You will be asked to:
- Support major Business Units in creating the scheduling, communication, and performance tracking of cloud infrastructure
- Work across major Business Units to optimize and manage cloud infrastructure costs
- Work closely with team leads to develop infrastructure management standards and tools to manage capacity and budget planning
- Help define next generation planning processes and tools to scale with Twilio’s infrastructure growth
- Serve as an authoritative source of information related to infrastructure projects and ensure clear communication between all relevant internal parties
Infrastructure represents a significant percent of costs for technology companies like Twilio. We want to empower small teams to manage all aspects of their businesses, but financial operations doesn’t come naturally to most software engineers, which is where you come in! You have an opportunity to deliver needle-moving efficiency, transparency, and predictability to our engineering organization as their financial operations program manager. You will partner with some of the best and brightest engineers and engineering leaders to continuously improve their usage of cloud infrastructure, raising their financial operational maturity as high as their product engineering maturity.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.