Technical Support Engineer - APACApply
Twilio Technical Support Engineers are the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners; we’ll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
About the job:
- You will help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- You will interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- You will work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- You will help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process.
- You might be asked to serve as a Technical Account Manager for our largest enterprise customers and partners. They will look to you for technical guidance.
- 5+ years experience in a client-facing technical role.
- Ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback.
- Telecomm experience required. For example, you have implemented, deployed and/or maintained/supported Avaya/Cisco/OpenVBX/or similar platforms of significant size.
- Knowledge of IP Telephony protocols is required.
- You are good at and enjoy debugging other people’s code.
- Solid understanding of computer networking.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving QoS (Quality of Service) issues.
- Experience working with team members in different geographic locations and timezones.
- Twilio operates a 24/7 support model so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) may be required.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or have equivalent work experience.
- iOS and Android programming experience.
- Experience with call centers and/or IVRs from a technical perspective.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST