Test Engineer - Billing PlatformApply
About the Job:
- This role is focused on raising the bar for software quality on the realtime fire-hose of Twilio's billing system.
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with experience in building tests and enhancing test frameworks, continuous delivery tools, and getting hands-on with development lifecycle.
- Integral part of development cycle focused on improving quality of overall billing system.
- Work directly with development team and quality leadership to work on quality projects.
- Take initiative about improving overall developer experience of the team's internal testing tools.
- Write quality, maintainable code in Scala & Python in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- Partner with Technical Lead in making sound architectural changes.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years in industry as a engineer in test on mission critical systems, billing systems, marketplaces, or other relevant experience.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Deductive reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- You have rolled out test-driven development to your team.
- You prevent incidents with testing.
- You know when to fail-close vs. fail-open.
- You have opinions about bankers rounding below the penny.
- You know what a sub-ledger is.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.