Twilio.org, Customer EngineerApply
Twilio.org fuels communication that give hope, power, and freedom. We do that by reducing the friction for organizations to connect with the people they serve. As the Twilio.org Customer Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to work with the world’s leading nonprofits and social enterprises to define and build the next generation of communication technologies for social good. You have the rare combination of technical savviness, social impact experience, and an eye for business, and you’re looking to extend your career where these skills can intersect.
About the job:
In this role you will use your experience to provide technical expertise, code support, and consultation to help nonprofits scope, design, build, and implement cloud-based communication solutions. You will use technical workshops, reviews, tools, and onsite consultation to ensure that the Twilio solution achieves the expected levels of performance, scalability, and optimized functionality. You will write code, create architectural blueprints, presentations, and manage engineering contractors to deliver Twilio powered communication solutions for nonprofit customers’ use cases.
- Educate customers, nonprofit developers, and partners on what is possible with Twilio and the best ways to design and implement solutions.
- Build relationships with nonprofits and independent software vendors (ISVs) to encourage Twilio adoption in the social impact sector.
- Support Twilio.org’s largest nonprofit and social enterprise customers and their mission-critical Twilio applications.
- Work directly with enterprise level organizations to design, build, and deploy enterprise communications systems that impact multiple functional areas of a customer’s organization.
- Design architectures and solutions to integrate Twilio to common nonprofit customer use cases.
- Write code and manage engineering contractors to build Twilio integrations into software tools nonprofits are already using.
- Develop reusable assets such as reference architectures, presentations, code snippets, and prototypes.
- Work closely with the Twilio.org Sales team to help new nonprofits use Twilio, as well to increase the impact of organizations already using Twilio.
- Collaborate with our marketing team to successfully take nonprofit tools to market and scale their use
- Support nonprofit sales professionals as they achieve their revenue goals
- Professional experience building, shipping, and supporting production code for web and/or native mobile applications.
- Deep understanding of scalable, enterprise software architectures and web architectures.
- Experience inspiring and educating diverse communities in how to effectively design, build, and implement technology.
- Experience in open source software development.
- 4+ years experience in customer or community engineering or developer role.
- Understanding and empathy for the needs and constraints of developers working in an enterprise IT environment.
- Strong project management skills and follow through to support our customers and their missions
- A world class communicator. Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience including C-level executives.
- An enthusiastic collaborator that relishes working cross functionally to drive team success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field is preferred, or equivalent experience (for instance, bootcamp graduate)
- Understanding of VoIP telephony and/or Computer Telephony Integration technology
- Consulting experience.
- Previous experience working in the nonprofit sector.
- Previous work with Twilio’s APIs and platform.
- Previous experience working with enterprise organizations.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST