Twilio.org Lead Technical EngineerApply
Twilio.org fuels communication that give hope, power, and freedom. We do that by reducing the friction for organizations to connect with the people they serve. As the lead technical engineer at Twilio.org, you will have a unique opportunity to work with the world’s leading nonprofits and social enterprises to define and build the next generation of communication technologies for social good. You have the rare combination of technical savviness, social impact experience, and business acumen and are looking to extend your career where these skills can intersect.
About the job:
In this role you will use your experience to provide technical expertise, code support, and consultation to help nonprofits scope, design, build, and implement cloud-based communication solutions. You will use technical workshops, reviews, tools, and onsite consultation to ensure that the Twilio solution achieves the expected levels of performance, scalability, and optimized functionality. You will write code, create architectural blueprints, presentations, and white papers that deliver Twilio powered communication solutions for nonprofit customers’ use cases.
- Educate customers and nonprofit developers on what is possible with Twilio and best practices for solution design and implementation.
- Work directly with large and enterprise level organizations to design, build, and deploy enterprise communications systems that impact multiple functional areas of a customer’s organization.
- Design architectures and solutions to integrate Twilio to common nonprofit customer use cases.
- Develop reusable assets such as reference architectures, presentations, code snippets, and whitepapers.
- Lead technical workshops and education initiative to support sector wide developer expertise in working with Twilio APIs for social good.
- Work directly with the Twilio.org’s Head of Strategic Initiatives to create a framework for taking on projects that bring together volunteer developers and nonprofit projects.
- Deep expertise in a common scripting language like Python/Perl and enterprise grade programming languages like C#/JAVA etc.
- Deep understanding of scalable, enterprise software architectures and web architectures.
- Basic understanding of VoIP telephony.
- Experience inspiring and educating diverse communities in how to effectively design, build, and implement technology.
- Experience in open source software development.
- 7+ years experience in customer or community engineering or developer role.
- A firm understanding of enterprise integration best practices, service oriented architecture and models for sharing IT services across the enterprise.
- A world class communicator. Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience including C-level executives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
- Consulting experience.
- Previous experience working in the nonprofit sector.
- Previous work with Twilio’s APIs and platform.
- Previous experience working with enterprise organizations.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.