UI/UX Engineer - Super NetworkApply
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a UI/UX Engineer who wants to create simple and powerful interfaces to Twilio’s Super Network. In this role as a part of Super Network Health team, you will be part of building the next-generation system for detecting and managing performance issues in Twilio’s carrier network. The Super Network Health team is responsible for assuring resiliency of Super Network carrier connections. You will make key technical decisions and modeling choices and as well as write amazing code.
Twilio is looking for a UI/UX Engineer with the following experience:
- You bring experience with build patterns common to web technology stacks, you love shipping amazing products and you sweat the little things around user experience.
- You communicate well in person, on paper, and in code. You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture. We ship products on a daily basis, with tight schedules, small teams, and a very large user base.
- You have a good eye for typography, UX and layout.
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You have the ability to drive towards actionable results. You find clever ways around problems or just plow through them. When you don’t know it, you figure it out. You are a self-starter and you get things done -- you are a DOer.
As a UI/UX Engineer:
- You will be working alongside a collaborative team of other software engineers, product managers, operations, and designers, building Twilio's next-generation monitoring and alerting products.
- You will create, own and enhance front-end applications, as well as the interact with REST APIs and microservices and build systems that help us power our products with efficient and simple user interfaces.
- You will be spending effort in making our user interfaces simple to use while understanding all of the underlying complexities and constraints.
- You will identify design and usability problems and devise logical, simple, and data-driven solutions. Bring these ideas from concept to production.
- You enjoy getting the MVP out the door and know that great user experience takes ongoing investment, refinement, and polish.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Twilio’s Super Network team is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require and is operating in a cost-efficient manner.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well designed office at Veerenni 24 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We have many team building events weekly, monthly and of course annual summer days. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Do you want to experience all of this with the best people? Join Twilio Tallinn team!
Founded in 2008, Twilio has ~ 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, Berlin, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.