What is Papertrail?
Who uses Papertrail?
Why developers like Papertrail?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by members of with Papertrail in their tech stack.
Papertrail handles the logs of the services running on Heroku. Papertrail
Server events logging Papertrail
Papertrail is sent logs via Heroku log drains, and provides centralised logging of both the web and background workers for debugging errors and spelunking into logs. Papertrail
we used papertrail at talenthouse for all out logging needs. elegant and simple ui. enjoyed the service. Papertrail
I use Papertrail as a distributed log aggregator for nightly.zerotoherojs.com and dojo.zerotoherojs.com
I served me really well so far.
It is simple to use, intuitive, and reasonably-priced. Papertrail
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Papertrail in their tech stack.
As a new company we could early adopt and bet on #RemoteTeam setup without cultural baggage derailing us. Our building blocks for developing remote working culture are:
- Hiring people who are self sufficient, self-disciplined and excel at video and written communication to work remotely
- Set up periodic ceremonies ( #DailyStandup, #Grooming, Release calls and chats etc) to keep the company rhythm / heartbeat going across remote cells
- Regularly train your leaders to take into account remote working aspects of organizing f2f calls, events, meetups, parties etc. when communicating and organizing workflows
- And last, but not least - select the right tools to support effective communication and collaboration:
- All feeds and conversations come together in Slack
- #Agile workflows in Jira
- InProductCommunication and #CustomerSupportChat in Intercom
- #Notes, #Documentation and #Requirements in Confluence
- #SourceCode and ContinuousDelivery in Bitbucket
- Persistent video streams between locations, demos, meetings run on appear.in
- #Logging and Alerts in Papertrail
We first began using Papertrail largely because of the plug-and-play integration they provided with Kubernetes. Being able to launch a single daemonset and see logs in a few seconds was a strong demonstration of its capabilities and it's continued to be valuable any time we need to drill into alerts.
Logentries, LogDNA, Timber.io, Papertrail and Sumo Logic provide free pricing plan for #Heroku application. You can add these applications as add-ons very easily.
We use PaperTrail, so basically all of our instances write into SysLog entries that are shifted to PaperTrail. Papertrail
Used a logging solution for "Charlie" (Flat rate search engine) server. Papertrail
General log management and alerting (together with its Slack integration). Papertrail
- Intuitive Web-based log viewer
- Powerful command-line tools
- Long-term archive (S3)
- REST API
- Team-wide groups and searches
- Automated export for tables and charts
- Search alerts
- Easy SQL analytics (Hadoop)
- Unlimited systems and users
- Encrypted logging