8base vs Fanout: What are the differences?
What is 8base? A fully-managed, cloud-based data and serverless compute service exposed through a GraphQL API. A cloud service designed to power enterprise-grade web and mobile applications that require support for large numbers of users, complex data and transactional requirements, comprehensive role-based security and a modern look-and-feel.
What is Fanout? Realtime APIs made simple. Fanout makes it easy to build realtime APIs and apps. The product is a cross between a reverse proxy and a message broker. Receivers subscribe to channels, and published data is delivered in realtime.
8base and Fanout can be primarily classified as "Realtime Backend / API" tools.
Some of the features offered by 8base are:
- A simple but powerful data schema definition.
- Fully redundant, secure and scalable relational database and file storage.
- Built-in role-based security and user administration tools.
On the other hand, Fanout provides the following key features:
- Reverse proxy -- integrate realtime with any level of your technology stack, not just your front end.
- Interoperable -- Add realtime to any API, no matter your backend or database, without changing any of your existing API contracts.
- Open -- cloud or self hosted, it’s up to you. We don’t believe in vendor lock-in.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is 8base?
What is Fanout?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What companies use Fanout?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Fanout?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions