8base vs Fanout: What are the differences?
What is 8base? A fully-managed, cloud-based data and serverless compute service exposed through a GraphQL API. A cloud service designed to power enterprise-grade web and mobile applications that require support for large numbers of users, complex data and transactional requirements, comprehensive role-based security and a modern look-and-feel.
What is Fanout? Realtime APIs made simple. Fanout makes it easy to build realtime APIs and apps. The product is a cross between a reverse proxy and a message broker. Receivers subscribe to channels, and published data is delivered in realtime.
8base and Fanout can be primarily classified as "Realtime Backend / API" tools.
Some of the features offered by 8base are:
- A simple but powerful data schema definition.
- Fully redundant, secure and scalable relational database and file storage.
- Built-in role-based security and user administration tools.
On the other hand, Fanout provides the following key features:
- Reverse proxy -- integrate realtime with any level of your technology stack, not just your front end.
- Interoperable -- Add realtime to any API, no matter your backend or database, without changing any of your existing API contracts.
- Open -- cloud or self hosted, it’s up to you. We don’t believe in vendor lock-in.