API Tracker vs RAML: What are the differences?
What is API Tracker? Track and manage the APIs you use. It is API integration reliability as a service. It helps developers build secure and reliable API integrations faster. With API Tracker, developers can have full visibility into their integration without having to log network calls and setting up APM.
What is RAML? RESTful API Modeling Language (RAML) makes it easy to manage the whole API lifecycle from design to sharing. RESTful API Modeling Language (RAML) makes it easy to manage the whole API lifecycle from design to sharing. It's concise - you only write what you need to define - and reusable. It is machine readable API design that is actually human friendly.
API Tracker and RAML belong to "API Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by API Tracker are:
- Monitor all of your integrations in one dashboard
- Receive real-time alerts for latency and errors
- Increase reliability
On the other hand, RAML provides the following key features:
- Create and pull in namespaced, reusable libraries, containing data types
- Annotations let you add vendor specific functionality without compromising your spec
- Traits and resource Types let you take advantage of code reuse and design patterns