API Tracker vs Retrofit: What are the differences?
API Tracker: Track and manage the APIs you use. It is API integration reliability as a service. It helps developers build secure and reliable API integrations faster. With API Tracker, developers can have full visibility into their integration without having to log network calls and setting up APM; Retrofit: A type-safe HTTP client for Android and Java. Retrofit turns your HTTP API into a Java interface.
API Tracker and Retrofit can be primarily classified as "API" tools.
Some of the features offered by API Tracker are:
- Monitor all of your integrations in one dashboard
- Receive real-time alerts for latency and errors
- Increase reliability
On the other hand, Retrofit provides the following key features:
- URL parameter replacement and query parameter support
- Object conversion to request body (e.g., JSON, protocol buffers)
- Multipart request body and file upload
Retrofit is an open source tool with 35K GitHub stars and 6.45K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Retrofit's open source repository on GitHub.