Aptible vs TrueVault: What are the differences?
Developers describe Aptible as "Secure, compliant cloud deployment for digital health". Aptible is the world’s first application deployment platform built to automate HIPAA compliance for web and mobile technology. Run the applications and databases of your choice. Seamlessly integrate advanced compliance tools with the platform to generate all of the documentation, audit logs, and explanatory materials you need to demonstrate compliance with every aspect of HIPAA. On the other hand, TrueVault is detailed as "HIPAA compliant Database as a Service". TrueVault was built to help startups simplify the complexities of HIPAA. TrueVault will save you hundreds of dev hours. Focus on building your software's core functionality, and let TrueVault protect your data at HIPAA-security levels.
Aptible belongs to "Compliance" category of the tech stack, while TrueVault can be primarily classified under "SQL Database as a Service".
Some of the features offered by Aptible are:
- No lock-in - Integration is as simple as adding a single file to your codebase. No proprietary APIs, no migration fees, and no dev/prod disparity.
- Built for your workflow - If you're familiar with Heroku, you already know how to use Aptible: Push code to a Git remote, then configure and manage resources from the command line or through our web dashboard.
- One-stop HIPAA compliance - Running your apps and databases gives our compliance tools deep hooks into your ops, saving you time and money on every aspect of HIPAA.
On the other hand, TrueVault provides the following key features:
- HIPAA Compliant - We handle all of the technical requirements mandated by the HIPAA Security Rule. Typical integration takes days and saves months of dev time.
- Built for Developers- Store and search protected health information (PHI) in any file format with a simple RESTful API. No pre-defined schemas to follow.
- BAA + Insurance - TrueVault will sign a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), and protects customers under a comprehensive Privacy/Data Breach insurance policy.