Atom vs gulp: What are the differences?
Atom belongs to "Text Editor" category of the tech stack, while gulp can be primarily classified under "JS Build Tools / JS Task Runners".
Some of the features offered by Atom are:
- Atom is a desktop application based on web technologies
- Node.js integration
- Modular Design- composed of over 50 open-source packages that integrate around a minimal core
On the other hand, gulp provides the following key features:
- By preferring code over configuration, gulp keeps simple things simple and makes complex tasks manageable.
- By harnessing the power of node's streams you get fast builds that don't write intermediary files to disk.
- gulp's strict plugin guidelines assure plugins stay simple and work the way you expect.
"Free", "Open source" and "Modular design" are the key factors why developers consider Atom; whereas "Build speed", "Readable" and "Code-over-configuration" are the primary reasons why gulp is favored.
Atom and gulp are both open source tools. Atom with 49.3K GitHub stars and 12.1K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than gulp with 31.3K GitHub stars and 4.41K GitHub forks.
Typeform, PedidosYa, and Myntra are some of the popular companies that use gulp, whereas Atom is used by Lyft, Typeform, and PedidosYa. gulp has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1163 company stacks & 705 developers stacks; compared to Atom, which is listed in 836 company stacks and 725 developer stacks.
Since communication with Github is not necessary, the Atom is less convenient in working with text and code. Sublim's support and understanding of projects is best for us. Notepad for us is a completely outdated solution with an unacceptable interface. We use a good theme for Sublim ayu-dark
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Atom?
What is gulp?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions