AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) vs Duo: What are the differences?
AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB): Automatically distribute your incoming application traffic across multiple Amazon EC2 instances. With Elastic Load Balancing, you can add and remove EC2 instances as your needs change without disrupting the overall flow of information. If one EC2 instance fails, Elastic Load Balancing automatically reroutes the traffic to the remaining running EC2 instances. If the failed EC2 instance is restored, Elastic Load Balancing restores the traffic to that instance. Elastic Load Balancing offers clients a single point of contact, and it can also serve as the first line of defense against attacks on your network. You can offload the work of encryption and decryption to Elastic Load Balancing, so your servers can focus on their main task; Duo: A next-generation package manager for the front end. Duo is a next-generation package manager that blends the best ideas from Component, Browserify and Go to make organizing and writing front-end code quick and painless.
AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) can be classified as a tool in the "Load Balancer / Reverse Proxy" category, while Duo is grouped under "Front End Package Manager".
Some of the features offered by AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) are:
- Distribution of requests to Amazon EC2 instances (servers) in multiple Availability Zones so that the risk of overloading one single instance is minimized. And if an entire Availability Zone goes offline, Elastic Load Balancing routes traffic to instances in other Availability Zones.
- Continuous monitoring of the health of Amazon EC2 instances registered with the load balancer so that requests are sent only to the healthy instances. If an instance becomes unhealthy, Elastic Load Balancing stops sending traffic to that instance and spreads the load across the remaining healthy instances.
- Support for end-to-end traffic encryption on those networks that use secure (HTTPS/SSL) connections.
On the other hand, Duo provides the following key features:
- exposes a unix-y command line interface
- pulls source directly from GitHub with semantic versioning
Duo is an open source tool with 3.52K GitHub stars and 145 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Duo's open source repository on GitHub.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB)?
What is Duo?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions