Beta by Crashlytics vs HockeyApp: What are the differences?
What is Beta by Crashlytics? Free, streamlined beta distribution for iOS/Android. A streamlined solution for distributing apps that gives you a single, cross-platform toolset for iOS and Android, and a delightful, effortless onboarding for your testers.
What is HockeyApp? Manage your betas and collect live crash reports for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and OS X apps. HockeyApp is the best way to collect live crash reports, get feedback from your users, distribute your betas, and analyze your test coverage.
Beta by Crashlytics and HockeyApp belong to "Beta Testing / Mobile App Distribution" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Beta by Crashlytics are:
- Dashboard that delivers detailed build, tester and developer information
- See the activity of both your developers and your testers. All in one screen.
- Integrated with Crashlytics- Get performance insight, starting with beta testing, all the way through App or Play store distribution.
On the other hand, HockeyApp provides the following key features:
- Crash Reports- HockeyApp offers the most reliable and complete crash reporting for beta and App Store versions using open source frameworks. Providing full server-side symbolication with class names, methods, line numbers, and automatic grouping of similar crash reports.
- Feedback- HockeyApp allows you to communicate with your customers. Users can create a support request, post an idea, or discuss a problem right from within the app.
- Distribution- Upload your beta versions to HockeyApp and distribute them to your beta testers. Integrate our open-source SDK and your app will automatically be able to detect updates and offer the updates right within the app.Analytics- By integrating our SDK into your app, you'll get advanced metrics to get a better overview of the testing for your app. See which devices were tested, which testers used the app for how long, and which language was tested.
"Dirt-simple integration" is the primary reason why developers consider Beta by Crashlytics over the competitors, whereas "Crash analytics" was stated as the key factor in picking HockeyApp.
According to the StackShare community, HockeyApp has a broader approval, being mentioned in 50 company stacks & 10 developers stacks; compared to Beta by Crashlytics, which is listed in 19 company stacks and 9 developer stacks.
What is Beta by Crashlytics?
What is HockeyApp?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Beta by Crashlytics?
What are the cons of using HockeyApp?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
We have used this product on several high-profile iOS and Android applications, after using TestFlight for a couple of years; when TestFlight was acquired, Android support was deprecated. Managing two alpha/beta distribution solutions is cumbersome -- the Google Play service is prone to accidental mistakes in terms of release by inexperienced clients, and the TestFlight process is less streamlined for iOS distribution than the latest using Fabric (Crashlytics, Beta, Answer stack). It is simple, free, and platform agnostic -- what more could you hope for?