Bitnami Stacksmith vs DevSpace Cloud: What are the differences?
What is Bitnami Stacksmith? Create custom container images in minutes. Pick your favorite development environments ready-to-run including: Python, Java, PHP, Go, Ruby and Node. Layer on the web frameworks you need to kick-start your project including: Symfony, Express, Rails, and Django.
What is DevSpace Cloud? Secure Multi-Tenancy and On-Demand Namespace Provisioning for Kubernetes. It lets IT teams create an internal Kubernetes offering that enables their developer teams to create isolated namespaces in shared development clusters. The goal is to allow engineers to get access to Kubernetes in a self-service fashion. It restricts developers to their own namespaces allowing secure cluster sharing while handling all the admistrative overhead such as the management of the kube-context on an engineers machine.
Bitnami Stacksmith and DevSpace Cloud can be categorized as "Container" tools.
Some of the features offered by Bitnami Stacksmith are:
- Creates custom container images in minutes, then lets you share them using a simple URL
- Sends notifications of security issues and out-of-date components straight to your inbox
- Makes it easy to package your web application or service in a unique container image
On the other hand, DevSpace Cloud provides the following key features:
- Strict Namespace Isolation and Secure Multi-Tenancy
- Admin UI for Managing Users & Permissions
- Optimized for Self-Service & Great Developer Experience