Bitnami Stacksmith vs KubeAdvisor: What are the differences?
What is Bitnami Stacksmith? Create custom container images in minutes. Pick your favorite development environments ready-to-run including: Python, Java, PHP, Go, Ruby and Node. Layer on the web frameworks you need to kick-start your project including: Symfony, Express, Rails, and Django.
What is KubeAdvisor? It helps DevOps adopt best practices for Kubernetes. It helps teams adopt best practices to accelerate the adoption of Kubernetes, and optimize their existing stack, with machine learning. It scans K8s to make infrastructure and cloud-native applications reliable, resilient, and observable.
Bitnami Stacksmith and KubeAdvisor belong to "Container Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Bitnami Stacksmith are:
- Creates custom container images in minutes, then lets you share them using a simple URL
- Sends notifications of security issues and out-of-date components straight to your inbox
- Makes it easy to package your web application or service in a unique container image
On the other hand, KubeAdvisor provides the following key features:
- Performance by continuously watching throttled containers/apps and recommending improvements
- Utilization by comparing used resources with the available capacity to reallocate them based on variable workloads
- Cost Optimization by suggesting changes at the VM level to save money in case of cloud infrastructure or identify the best configurations if you are running Kubernetes on-prem