BugHerd vs Zendesk: What are the differences?
Developers describe BugHerd as "Simple issue tracking for web developers". BugHerd embeds directly into a website so bugs are flagged and managed visually without the need to fill out lengthy forms. BugHerd also lets your client and stakeholders log bugs visually right from within your website or web application. They never have to switch into another app, and it’s easier and faster than sending an email. On the other hand, Zendesk is detailed as "The leading cloud-based customer service software solution". Zendesk provides an integrated on-demand helpdesk - customer support portal solution based on the latest Web 2.0 technologies and design philosophies.
BugHerd belongs to "Bug Reporting" category of the tech stack, while Zendesk can be primarily classified under "Help Desk".
Some of the features offered by BugHerd are:
- Access your task list directly on your website.- BugHerd embeds a sidebar on websites that you're working on, letting you view and manage your tasks without needing to constantly switch tabs.
- See exactly what your client sees.- With our optional browser extensions, you can capture annotated screenshots of exactly what your client sees. No more collecting screenshots in Word docs!
- BugHerd works with your existing tools.- Enhance your existing workflow by integrating BugHerd with the project management and customer support apps you already use.
On the other hand, Zendesk provides the following key features:
- Offer your customers a quick path to the answers they need with knowledge base and community features.
- Zendesk takes customer communication from anywhere—your website, email, phone, Twitter, Facebook, and chat—and turns it into a ticket.
- Zendesk simplifies your support team's workflow with custom automatic actions, meaningful organization, and streamlined systems for managing support content.
"Easy Setup" is the primary reason why developers consider BugHerd over the competitors, whereas "Centralizes our customer support" was stated as the key factor in picking Zendesk.