CDAP vs Mara: What are the differences?
CDAP: Open source virtualization platform for Hadoop data and apps. Cask Data Application Platform (CDAP) is an open source application development platform for the Hadoop ecosystem that provides developers with data and application virtualization to accelerate application development, address a broader range of real-time and batch use cases, and deploy applications into production while satisfying enterprise requirements; Mara: A lightweight ETL framework. A lightweight ETL framework with a focus on transparency and complexity reduction.
CDAP and Mara can be categorized as "Big Data" tools.
Some of the features offered by CDAP are:
- Streams for data ingestion
- Reusable libraries for common Big Data access patterns
- Data available to multiple applications and different paradigms
On the other hand, Mara provides the following key features:
- Data integration pipelines as code: pipelines, tasks and commands are created using declarative Python code.
- PostgreSQL as a data processing engine.
- Extensive web ui. The web browser as the main tool for inspecting, running and debugging pipelines.
CDAP and Mara are both open source tools. Mara with 1.24K GitHub stars and 51 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than CDAP with 346 GitHub stars and 178 GitHub forks.