ClearDB vs GenieDB: What are the differences?
ClearDB: Fault tolerant database-as-a-service in the cloud for your MySQL powered applications. ClearDB uses a combination of advanced replication techniques, advanced cluster technology, and layered web services to provide you with a MySQL database that is "smarter" than usual; GenieDB: Multi-master, multi-cloud, geo-distributed MySQL database. GenieDB’s DBaaS uses multi-master replication and multi-regional distribution on multiple cloud infrastructures (Amazon AWS, IBM Softlayer, DigitalOcean, Rackspace Cloud, and Google Cloud) to help reduce latency, eliminate downtime, and easily scale your database.
ClearDB and GenieDB belong to "SQL Database as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by ClearDB are:
- Global Multi-Master Design- ClearDB uses geo-distributed MySQL database configurations for the ultimate in database availability, survivability, and performance. Even if whole cloud regions go offline, your database will stay online.
- Completely Fault Tolerant- ClearDB is the only cloud database in the market today that offers true multi-regional read/write mirroring with 100% uptime, even if networks or disks fail.
- Native MySQL- Our clusters use native MySQL so that you don't have to worry about re-tuning your applications to work with ClearDB.
On the other hand, GenieDB provides the following key features:
- Multi-master replication with auto-conflict resolution
- Geo-distribution across multiple regions and cloud providers using eventual consistency model with geo-compliance
- Auto-recovery and healing with re-synchronization