DBngin vs pgcli: What are the differences?
DBngin: An all-in-one app for database version management. The easiest way to get started with PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis & more. Install & manage multiple local database servers of various versions within a click; pgcli: Postgres CLI with autocompletion and syntax highlighting. This is a postgres client that does auto-completion and syntax highlighting.
DBngin and pgcli can be categorized as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by DBngin are:
- - Lightweight
- - Create a local server with a click, no dependency.
- - Manage multiple database servers with multiple versions and ports.
On the other hand, pgcli provides the following key features:
- Auto-completion as you type for SQL keywords as well as tables and columns in the database.
- Syntax highlighting using Pygments.
- Smart-completion (enabled by default) will suggest context-sensitive completion.
pgcli is an open source tool with 8.01K GitHub stars and 365 GitHub forks. Here's a link to pgcli's open source repository on GitHub.