KubeAdvisor vs DevSpace for Kubernetes: What are the differences?
What is KubeAdvisor? It helps DevOps adopt best practices for Kubernetes. It helps teams adopt best practices to accelerate the adoption of Kubernetes, and optimize their existing stack, with machine learning. It scans K8s to make infrastructure and cloud-native applications reliable, resilient, and observable.
What is DevSpace for Kubernetes? The Fastest Developer Tool for Kubernetes. It is an open-source developer tool for Kubernetes that lets you develop and deploy cloud-native software faster. It is a client-only CLI tool that runs on your machine and works with any Kubernetes cluster. You can use it to automate image building and deployments, to develop software directly inside Kubernetes and to streamline workflows across your team as well as across dev, staging and production.
KubeAdvisor and DevSpace for Kubernetes can be categorized as "Container" tools.
Some of the features offered by KubeAdvisor are:
- Performance by continuously watching throttled containers/apps and recommending improvements
- Utilization by comparing used resources with the available capacity to reallocate them based on variable workloads
- Cost Optimization by suggesting changes at the VM level to save money in case of cloud infrastructure or identify the best configurations if you are running Kubernetes on-prem
On the other hand, DevSpace for Kubernetes provides the following key features:
- Automated Image Building with devspace build
- Automated Deployment with devspace deploy
- Efficient In-Cluster Development with devspace dev