Kubenav vs DevSpace for Kubernetes: What are the differences?
Developers describe Kubenav as "An open source mobile app to manage Kubernetes cluster". It is the navigator for your Kubernetes clusters right in your pocket. It is a mobile and desktop app to help you manage Kubernetes clusters and stay up to date on whats going on in your clusters. On the other hand, DevSpace for Kubernetes is detailed as "The Fastest Developer Tool for Kubernetes". It is an open-source developer tool for Kubernetes that lets you develop and deploy cloud-native software faster. It is a client-only CLI tool that runs on your machine and works with any Kubernetes cluster. You can use it to automate image building and deployments, to develop software directly inside Kubernetes and to streamline workflows across your team as well as across dev, staging and production.
Kubenav and DevSpace for Kubernetes can be primarily classified as "Container" tools.
Some of the features offered by Kubenav are:
- Available for mobile and desktop
- Manage workloads like Deployments, Pods and StatefulSets in your Kubernetes cluster
- Get an overview of other resources like Services, ConfigMaps, Persistent Volumes, Secrets and Role Bindings
On the other hand, DevSpace for Kubernetes provides the following key features:
- Automated Image Building with devspace build
- Automated Deployment with devspace deploy
- Efficient In-Cluster Development with devspace dev
Kubenav is an open source tool with 428 GitHub stars and 17 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Kubenav's open source repository on GitHub.