Micronetes vs DevSpace for Kubernetes: What are the differences?
What is Micronetes? A local orchestrator inspired by kubernetes that makes developing and testing microservices and distributed applications easier. Developers mostly care about the projects and code they write. It's very hard today to run multiple applications (replicas or different applications) locally and set them up so that they can talk. Micronetes makes developing and testing microservices and distributed applications easier.
What is DevSpace for Kubernetes? The Fastest Developer Tool for Kubernetes. It is an open-source developer tool for Kubernetes that lets you develop and deploy cloud-native software faster. It is a client-only CLI tool that runs on your machine and works with any Kubernetes cluster. You can use it to automate image building and deployments, to develop software directly inside Kubernetes and to streamline workflows across your team as well as across dev, staging and production.
Micronetes and DevSpace for Kubernetes can be primarily classified as "Container" tools.
Some of the features offered by Micronetes are:
- Coordinates multiple applications running both locally and remotely
- Natively understands .NET Core projects
- Injects various environment variables to communicate various pieces of information to the application
On the other hand, DevSpace for Kubernetes provides the following key features:
- Automated Image Building with devspace build
- Automated Deployment with devspace deploy
- Efficient In-Cluster Development with devspace dev
Micronetes is an open source tool with 705 GitHub stars and 33 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Micronetes's open source repository on GitHub.