Disqus vs Squarespace: What are the differences?
What is Disqus? Elevating the discussion, anywhere on the web. Disqus looks to make it very easy and rewarding for people to interact on websites using its system. Commenters can build reputation and carry their contributions from one website to the next.
What is Squarespace? Everything You Need To Create An Exceptional Website. Whether you need simple pages, sophisticated galleries, a professional blog, or want to sell online, it all comes standard with your Squarespace website. Squarespace starts you with beautiful designs right out of the box — each handcrafted by our award-winning design team to make your content stand out.
Disqus and Squarespace are primarily classified as "Commenting Service" and "Website Builder" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Disqus are:
- Clean & Intuitive- We designed the platform to be clutter-free, which keeps people's eyes focused on the discussion itself.
- Fully real-time Live discussions- Discussions unfold in real-time. Comments stream as they are posted and user activity indicates life on your website.
- Activity indicators- Indicators make it easier for people to notice, see, and interact with new content and activity as it happens.
On the other hand, Squarespace provides the following key features:
- SELL ANYTHING- Easily add a store to any Squarespace website and start selling physical and digital goods immediately.
- PAINLESS STORE MANAGEMENT- Manage your inventory, process customer orders, print packing slips, and customize emails all in one intuitive interface.
- BUILD BETTER PAGES WITH LAYOUTENGINE- LayoutEngine technology gives you the freedom to create visually rich pages with any configuration of text, images, products, and content blocks. Simply drag and drop your content exactly where you want and we'll automatically align them in a perfect grid.
"Ease of use" is the primary reason why developers consider Disqus over the competitors, whereas "Easy setup" was stated as the key factor in picking Squarespace.
According to the StackShare community, Disqus has a broader approval, being mentioned in 459 company stacks & 90 developers stacks; compared to Squarespace, which is listed in 418 company stacks and 23 developer stacks.