EdgeCast vs MetaCDN: What are the differences?
EdgeCast: The world's fastest and most reliable content delivery network. EdgeCast is a content delivery network (CDN) that helps companies accelerate and deliver static and dynamic content to end users around the world. Major customers include Yahoo!, Tumblr, Pinterest, Wordpress, and Imgur. The company has about 4,500 customers (as of June 2012) and carries about 5% of the world’s internet traffic; MetaCDN: Multi-CDN that combines existing CDN networks and directs individual users to the fastest CDN provider in their region. MetaCDN harnesses and combines existing CDN networks. We offer a truly global CDN network and our patent pending technology dynamically selects the CDN provider which will be fastest for individual users.
EdgeCast and MetaCDN can be categorized as "Content Delivery Network" tools.
Some of the features offered by EdgeCast are:
- Caching- From whole sites to mobile, our acceleration and delivery services will bring you to the world's digital doorstep.
- Application Delivery- Accelerate delivery of your web applications and non-static content.
- Streaming- Flash, Silverlight, or HTTP – live or on-demand, we'll deliver it better than anyone.
On the other hand, MetaCDN provides the following key features:
- Global network of 110+ PoPs. We combine multiple CDN providers into one global network. Our current suppliers are: EdgeCast, Amazon CloudFront, and Fastly.
- Content is served from the fastest provider for individual users.
- Extremely reliable. If one provider goes down, we will start serving content from the second fastest provider.
What is EdgeCast?
What is MetaCDN?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose EdgeCast?
Why do developers choose MetaCDN?
What are the cons of using EdgeCast?
What are the cons of using MetaCDN?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with EdgeCast?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I have been using edge cast for approximately 5 years. Their support is nothing short of fantastic.
Their pricing is beyond fair and when you consider them some of the competitors if you are big enough you can negotiate if you are a smaller company Google resellers you will find deals everywhere.
They are the fastest CDN available I have used all the big names and it has all come down to EdgeCast they can do everything I want including allowing me to fix coding issues on clients websites automatically with their ADN application delivery network. By applying Google page speed through the ADN which is a CDN that has Google page speed, accelerates both dynamic and static content along with incredible analytics uptime management and their new DNS with geo-IP makes them a fantastic company to work with.
To everyone that EdgeCast thank you so much for all your help.