ERBuilder vs Pg_timetable: What are the differences?
What is ERBuilder? Complete data modeling solution for data modelers and data architects. It allows developers to graphically design databases by using entity relationship diagrams and automatically generates the most popular SQL databases. It also allows developers to easily deploy databases by offering a sophisticated visual data modeling environment. The software reduces errors in database development while improving productivity and simplifying data modeling. Developers can visualize physical model structures to understand their databases, create new tables, modify, analyze and optimize the solution.
What is Pg_timetable? PostgreSQL Job Scheduling. It is an advanced job scheduler for PostgreSQL, offering many advantages over traditional schedulers such as cron and others. It is completely database driven and provides a couple of advanced concepts.
ERBuilder and Pg_timetable can be primarily classified as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by ERBuilder are:
- Generation of physical data models
- DBMS specific data models
- Creation of entities, attributes, relationships, views, domains, indexes, sequences, triggers and stored procedures
On the other hand, Pg_timetable provides the following key features:
- Tasks can be arranged in chains
- A chain can consist of SQL and executables
- Parameters can be passed to chains