Firehose.io vs Pusher: What are the differences?
What is Pusher? Hosted APIs to build realtime apps with less code. Pusher is the category leader in delightful APIs for app developers building communication and collaboration features.
Firehose.io and Pusher can be categorized as "Realtime Backend / API" tools.
Some of the features offered by Firehose.io are:
- Firehose embraces RESTful design prinicpals and consequently works great with any library that speaks HTTP
- Integrates with Backbone.js and Ember.js
- Hook it into an ORM, like ActiveRecord
On the other hand, Pusher provides the following key features:
- Easily build scalable in-app notifications, chat, realtime graphs, geotracking and more in your web & mobile apps with our hosted pub/sub messaging API.
- Send programmable push notifications to iOS and Android devices with delivery and open rate tracking built in.
- Easily add 1-1 and group Chat to your web & mobile apps. Presence, message storage, rich media, notifications, typing indicators and more.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Firehose.io?
What is Pusher?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions