import.io vs Kimono: What are the differences?
Developers describe import.io as "Extract data from the web". import.io is a free web-based platform that puts the power of the machine readable web in your hands. Using our tools you can create an API or crawl an entire website in a fraction of the time of traditional methods, no coding required. On the other hand, Kimono is detailed as "Turn websites into structured APIs from your browser in seconds". You don't need to write any code or install any software to extract data with Kimono. The easiest way to use Kimono is to add our bookmarklet to your browser's bookmark bar. Then go to the website you want to get data from and click the bookmarklet. Select the data you want and Kimono does the rest We take care of hosting the APIs that you build with Kimono and running them on the schedule you specify. Use the API output in JSON or as CSV files that you can easily paste into a spreadsheet..
import.io and Kimono belong to "Web Scraping API" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by import.io are:
- Real-time data extraction
- website automation
- Automatic webpage conversion into data (Magic)
On the other hand, Kimono provides the following key features:
- Build an API in seconds with kimono to power your apps, models and visualizations with live data without writing any code
- The kimono smart extractor recognizes patterns in web content allowing you get the data you want quickly and visually
- We host your APIs and data in the cloud and run them on the schedule that's right for you