KISSmetrics vs Mixpanel: What are the differences?
Developers describe KISSmetrics as "Get actionable metrics for your business". Optimize Your Business and Get More Customers. Identify, understand, and improve the metrics that drive your online business. On the other hand, Mixpanel is detailed as "Actions speak louder than page views". Mixpanel is an advanced analytics service that helps improve web and mobile applications by tracking how users interact & engage with them.
KISSmetrics and Mixpanel can be categorized as "Funnel Analysis Analytics" tools.
Some of the features offered by KISSmetrics are:
- The basic unit in KISSmetrics is a person. When you view your KISSmetrics reports they show you people, not just aggregate data.
- Track your person-centric data
On the other hand, Mixpanel provides the following key features:
- Build complex queries without writing SQL.- Segmentation allows you to do incredibly powerful data analysis. Answer complex questions such as “Show me the age breakdown of people who are male, from the United States, and viewed the pricing page” with just a few mouse clicks.
- Segmentation actually understands your data. When you send a number, date, or list of items our interface will automatically figure out how to use it.
- Instead of just a simple average, which only gives you a small part of the information you need, Segmentation automatically determines the perfect bucket size to give you a powerful visualization of the numeric distribution.
"Extremely easy" is the top reason why over 24 developers like KISSmetrics, while over 141 developers mention "Great visualization ui" as the leading cause for choosing Mixpanel.
According to the StackShare community, Mixpanel has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1841 company stacks & 196 developers stacks; compared to KISSmetrics, which is listed in 349 company stacks and 30 developer stacks.