KISSmetrics vs Mixpanel: What are the differences?
Developers describe KISSmetrics as "Get actionable metrics for your business". Optimize Your Business and Get More Customers. Identify, understand, and improve the metrics that drive your online business. On the other hand, Mixpanel is detailed as "Actions speak louder than page views". Mixpanel is an advanced analytics service that helps improve web and mobile applications by tracking how users interact & engage with them.
KISSmetrics and Mixpanel can be categorized as "Funnel Analysis Analytics" tools.
Some of the features offered by KISSmetrics are:
- The basic unit in KISSmetrics is a person. When you view your KISSmetrics reports they show you people, not just aggregate data.
- Track your person-centric data
On the other hand, Mixpanel provides the following key features:
- Build complex queries without writing SQL.- Segmentation allows you to do incredibly powerful data analysis. Answer complex questions such as “Show me the age breakdown of people who are male, from the United States, and viewed the pricing page” with just a few mouse clicks.
- Segmentation actually understands your data. When you send a number, date, or list of items our interface will automatically figure out how to use it.
- Instead of just a simple average, which only gives you a small part of the information you need, Segmentation automatically determines the perfect bucket size to give you a powerful visualization of the numeric distribution.
"Extremely easy" is the top reason why over 24 developers like KISSmetrics, while over 141 developers mention "Great visualization ui" as the leading cause for choosing Mixpanel.
According to the StackShare community, Mixpanel has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1841 company stacks & 196 developers stacks; compared to KISSmetrics, which is listed in 349 company stacks and 30 developer stacks.
What is KISSmetrics?
What is Mixpanel?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose KISSmetrics?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using KISSmetrics?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I am using Mixpanel in a Saas App, it's the most advanced analytics platform ever. I have used similar products in the past and Mixpanel beats every other product out there.
The main feature I like is the funnels, which give some actionable insights regarding my product, I was able to make feature decisions based on this. I was even able to make critical decisions regarding the work flow.
Also now with their People feature , I am able to automate email notification based on users activity.
I have been using KISSmetrics on a free trial from Eric Reese. It is amazing!
Very easy to set up, intuitive and user friendly reports. Cohort segmentation. Basically everything we need in an analytics platform right now and with a lot less hassle than google analytics.
Using Mixpanel to track events tells me what language users are switching to, what the most popular themes are and how often users are starting video chats. It also gives me a tool to experiment quickly with "fake" buttons and see if users click them. This enables me to validate the need for new features before fully building them out.
Used to gather metrics in Coolfront Mobile for "Charlie" (Flat rate search engine) search behaviors (e.g. How end users are searching and finding repairs). Results from data are then used to "train" search engine to become "smarter".
Mixpanel API is integrated to the Flutter app to track the events in real time. It helps to analyze the user's behavior in the app and see if the application and its features are intuitively clear to the users.