Lobe vs ML Kit: What are the differences?
Developers describe Lobe as "Deep learning made simple". An easy-to-use visual tool that lets you build custom deep learning models, quickly train them, and ship them directly in your app without writing any code. On the other hand, ML Kit is detailed as "Machine learning for mobile developers (by Google)". ML Kit brings Google’s machine learning expertise to mobile developers in a powerful and easy-to-use package.
Lobe and ML Kit can be primarily classified as "Machine Learning" tools.
Some of the features offered by Lobe are:
- Build - Drag in your training data and Lobe automatically builds you a custom deep learning model. Then refine your model by adjusting settings and connecting pre-trained building blocks.
- Train - Monitor training progress in real-time with interactive charts and test results that update live as your model improves. Cloud training lets you get results quickly, without slowing down your computer.
- Ship - Export your trained model to TensorFlow or CoreML and run it directly in your app on iOS and Android. Or use the easy-to-use Lobe Developer API and run your model remotely over the air.
On the other hand, ML Kit provides the following key features:
- Image labeling - Identify objects, locations, activities, animal species, products, and more
- Text recognition (OCR) - Recognize and extract text from images
- Face detection - Detect faces and facial landmarks