MaxScale vs pgwatch2: What are the differences?
MaxScale: A database proxy that extends high security *. It is a database proxy that extends the high availability, scalability, and security of MariaDB Server while at the same time simplifying application development by decoupling it from underlying database infrastructure; *pgwatch2:** PostgreSQL metrics monitor/dashboard. It is a flexible self-contained PostgreSQL metrics monitoring/dashboarding solution.
MaxScale and pgwatch2 belong to "Database Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by MaxScale are:
- high availability, scalability, and security
- simplifying application development
- transparent load
On the other hand, pgwatch2 provides the following key features:
- Non-invasive setup, no extensions nor superuser rights required for the base functionality
- Intuitive metrics presentation using the Grafana dashboarding engine with optional Alerting
- Lots of pre-configured dashboards and metric configurations covering all Statistics Collector data