Postgres.js vs Pg_timetable: What are the differences?
Postgres.js: The Fastest PostgreSQL Client for Node.js. It is a full featured PostgreSQL client for Node.js. It has ES6 Tagged Template Strings at the core; Pg_timetable: PostgreSQL Job Scheduling. It is an advanced job scheduler for PostgreSQL, offering many advantages over traditional schedulers such as cron and others. It is completely database driven and provides a couple of advanced concepts.
Postgres.js and Pg_timetable belong to "Database Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Postgres.js are:
- Fastest full featured PostgreSQL client for Node.js
- 1250 LOC - 0 dependencies
- ES6 Tagged Template Strings at the core
On the other hand, Pg_timetable provides the following key features:
- Tasks can be arranged in chains
- A chain can consist of SQL and executables
- Parameters can be passed to chains
Postgres.js is an open source tool with 1.47K GitHub stars and 31 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Postgres.js's open source repository on GitHub.