Sailthru vs Zapier: What are the differences?
Sailthru: The platform for customer insights and personalized communication. Sailthru is the only company that provides fully automated, 1:1 email and onsite recommendations using a unique behavioral targeting platform. We help brands cut through the clutter and build trust with their customers by recognizing and acting upon their individual interests; Zapier: Automate tasks between other online services (services like Salesforce, Basecamp, Gmail, and 400+ more). Zapier is for busy people who know their time is better spent selling, marketing, or coding. Instead of wasting valuable time coming up with complicated systems - you can use Zapier to automate the web services you and your team are already using on a daily basis.
Sailthru can be classified as a tool in the "Marketing Automation" category, while Zapier is grouped under "Web Service Automation".
Some of the features offered by Sailthru are:
- Analyze behavior, interests, and preferences.
- Generate unique data profiles.
- Automatically personalize every communication, in real time.
On the other hand, Zapier provides the following key features:
- A Zap is a blueprint for a task you want to do over and over. In words, a Zap looks like this: "When I get a new thing in A, do this other thing in B." The first part is the trigger and the second part is the action. An example is "When I get a new entry from a Wufoo form, create a new lead in Salesforce."
- You can pick what fields from the trigger service should go to the action service and you can use static text and custom fields too. For instance, you might say that the phone number from your Wufoo form should be the work phone of your new Salesforce lead.
- Zapier regularly checks your trigger for new data. When the Zap triggers, Zapier automatically performs your action for you. Continuing with the Wufoo scenario, say you receive five new entries. Zapier takes each one and makes a new lead in Salesforce, customized to the way you specified in your Zap.