Selendroid vs TestObject: What are the differences?
What is Selendroid? Test automation for native or hybrid Android apps and the mobile web. Selendroid is a test automation framework which drives off the UI of Android native and hybrid applications (apps) and the mobile web. Tests are written using the Selenium 2 client API.
What is TestObject? Test your Android App on 40+ Real Devices. TestObject offers a cloud infrastructure for automated mobile app testing that is accessible from any web browser. TestObject allows you to easily upload any app to your own testing account, record tests and run them on multiple devices. You will then get a detailed report with the test results.
Selendroid and TestObject belong to "Mobile Test Automation" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Selendroid are:
- Full compatibility with the JSON Wire Protocol/Selenium 3 Ready.
- No modification of app under test required in order to automate it
- Testing the mobile web using built in Android driver webview app
On the other hand, TestObject provides the following key features:
- Run a full app check-up in 5 minutes
- Easy Stress-, Screenshot-, Compatibility-Tests
- 40+ Real Android Devices in your Browser
Selendroid is an open source tool with 765 GitHub stars and 442 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Selendroid's open source repository on GitHub.