ActorDB is a distributed SQL database...
with the scalability of a KV store, while keeping the query capabilities of a relational database. ActorDB is ideal as a server side database for apps.
- Complete horizontal scalability. All nodes are equivalent and you can have as many nodes as you need.
- Full featured ACID database.
- Suitable for very large datasets over many actors and servers.
- No special drivers needed. Use the mysql driver of your language of choice.
- Easy to configure and administer.
- No global locks. Only the actors (one or many) involved in a transaction are locked during a write. All other actors are unaffected.
- Uses stable reliable SQL and storage engines: SQLite on top of LMDB.
- Inherits SQLite features like JSON support and common table expressions.