What is ActorDB?
ActorDB is a distributed SQL database... with the scalability of a KV store, while keeping the query capabilities of a relational database. ActorDB is ideal as a server side database for apps.
ActorDB is a tool in the Databases category of a tech stack.
ActorDB is an open source tool with 1.8K GitHub stars and 75 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to ActorDB's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses ActorDB?
Why developers like ActorDB?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use ActorDB
Be the first to leave a pro
- Complete horizontal scalability. All nodes are equivalent and you can have as many nodes as you need.
- Full featured ACID database.
- Suitable for very large datasets over many actors and servers.
- No special drivers needed. Use the mysql driver of your language of choice.
- Easy to configure and administer.
- No global locks. Only the actors (one or many) involved in a transaction are locked during a write. All other actors are unaffected.
- Uses stable reliable SQL and storage engines: SQLite on top of LMDB.
- Inherits SQLite features like JSON support and common table expressions.
ActorDB Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to ActorDB?
See all alternatives
The MySQL software delivers a very fast, multi-threaded, multi-user, and robust SQL (Structured Query Language) database server. MySQL Server is intended for mission-critical, heavy-load production systems as well as for embedding into mass-deployed software.
PostgreSQL is an advanced object-relational database management system that supports an extended subset of the SQL standard, including transactions, foreign keys, subqueries, triggers, user-defined types and functions.
MongoDB stores data in JSON-like documents that can vary in structure, offering a dynamic, flexible schema. MongoDB was also designed for high availability and scalability, with built-in replication and auto-sharding.
Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft® SQL Server is a database management and analysis system for e-commerce, line-of-business, and data warehousing solutions.
Started by core members of the original MySQL team, MariaDB actively works with outside developers to deliver the most featureful, stable, and sanely licensed open SQL server in the industry. MariaDB is designed as a drop-in replacement of MySQL(R) with more features, new storage engines, fewer bugs, and better performance.