What is AWS CloudTrail?
Who uses AWS CloudTrail?
AWS CloudTrail Integrations
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose AWS CloudTrail in their tech stack.
Some Slack customers need tighter control and visibility into their data without disturbing the most essential features. This resulted in the development and release of Slack Enterprise Key Management (Slack EKM). It allows larger visibility into data and more control over the keys used to encrypt and decrypt the data. Slack EKM allows users to bring their own keys into Slack. The initial release supported third-party integration of Amazon Web Services Key Management Service to store keys. Slack EKM works independently of the web application so that other security measures could be added to it. It was written in Go, largely due to its suitability for CPU-intensive cryptographic operations and its top-notch AWS software development kit. KMS key requests are logged on AWS CloudTrail, which key requests created directly from AWS KMS.
AWS CloudTrail's Features
- Increased Visibility- CloudTrail provides increased visibility into your user activity by recording AWS API calls. You can answer questions such as, what actions did a given user take over a given time period? For a given resource, which user has taken actions on it over a given time period? What is the source IP address of a given activity? Which activities failed due to inadequate permissions?
- Durable and Inexpensive Log File Storage- CloudTrail uses Amazon S3 for log file storage and delivery, so log files are stored durably and inexpensively. You can use Amazon S3 lifecycle configuration rules to further reduce storage costs. For example, you can define rules to automatically delete old log files or archive them to Amazon Glacier for additional savings.
- Easy Administration- CloudTrail is a fully managed service
- you simply turn on CloudTrail for your account using the AWS Management Console, the Command Line Interface, or the CloudTrail SDK and start receiving CloudTrail log files in the Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) bucket that you specify.
- Reliable- CloudTrail continuously transports events from AWS services using a highly available and fault tolerant processing pipeline.
- Timely Delivery- CloudTrail typically delivers events within 15 minutes of the API call.
- Log File Aggregation- CloudTrail can be configured to aggregate log files across multiple accounts and regions so that log files are delivered to a single bucket. Please refer to the of the AWS CloudTrail User Guide for detailed instructions.
- Notifications for Log File Delivery- CloudTrail can be configured to publish a notification for each log file delivered, thus enabling you to automatically take action upon log file delivery. CloudTrail uses the Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) for notifications.
- Choice of Partner Solutions- Multiple partners including AlertLogic, Boundary, Loggly, Splunk and Sumologic offer integrated solutions to analyze CloudTrail log files. These solutions include features like change tracking, troubleshooting, and security analysis.